Date:      Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:47:23 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone heard of a .ppt graphics file?

On Tuesday 02 July 2002 11:35 am, David Banning wrote:
| I asked my sister in Holland to scan me something and send it to me
| and she says that she had to send it as a ppt file. I can not read it
| with gimp. I wonder if anyone knows about this file type and how I might
| convert it.

That's powerpoint (slide presentation).  StarOffice knows about it, and
probably other probgrams, but you'll need to poke around in office software,
not graphics software, to find a reader.

Incidentally, you might have done this already, but the first thing to try
when you get mysterious files like this is the "file" command.  It's good at
identifying these.  In that case, it's not as helpful as one might like but
it would at least have told you that it wan't an image.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go