Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 01:06:07 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Scott Mitchell <s.mitchell@computer.org>
Subject:   Re: Raylink driver/Mapping attribute memory

In message <XFMail.000221080041.dmlb@computer.my.domain> Duncan Barclay writes:
: Can I urge you provide a mechanism to enable mappng of both attribute and
: common memory - i.e. at least two mapped regions per card. The Raylink
: needs this - it has the 4k of attribute space in which a small (16bytes)
: register set appears at an offset of 0x0F00, and a 48k common memory section for
: tx/rx buffers and large structure based control.

Yes.  You should be able to map both attr and common memory at the
same time.  However, there are limits in the hardware.  Since the
memory doesn't need to be wirte for all time I may do a pass through
allocation.

Warner