Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 2002 20:57:42 +0100
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Power Management

----- Original Message -----
From: "R. Zoontjens" <richard@radecom.nl>
To: "Mark" <admin@asarian-host.net>; <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 7:42 PM

> > > APC Powerchute software does not work for FreeBSD, but apcupsd is a
> > > good alternative:
> >
> > Is it? I just tried to install it; Linux-ware. It installed everything
> > in the wrong directories, to start with. And it will not compile
> > with usb-support. What a disappointment!
>
> try to install it from the ports:
>
> # cd /usr/ports/sysutils/apcupsd
> # make
> # make install
>
> then read the docs

O, I read the docs alright; did you? Had you done so, you would have seen
that apcupsd 3.8.5 (the ported version) does NOT support usb yet on FreeBSD.
Furthermore, you would have read that usb support is only in experimental
phase since version 3.9.4 (not ported yet), and then only for Linux.

- Mark