Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2005 17:30:32 -0500
From:      "Michael G. Jung" <mikej@confluenttech.com>
To:        <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X configuration on Ultra2

I'm attempting to get X working on Ultra2 - With many thanks
to Marcel, I was able to get keyboard support working
on both Ultra2 and Ultra1-E using 6.0-CURRENT.

For X I'm using a serial mouse which seems to work fine,=20
however the keyboard does not function as expected
within X applications like Kword, xterm, etc.

My CoreKeyboard device is defined as Keyboard0=20
whose section is:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "kbd"
EndSection

Keys on the keyboard produce incorrect but=20
consistent key patterns on the screen.  For
example in xterm the key"4" always produces=20
"ff", key "5" produces "fg", key "6" produces=20
"fh" etc.

The keyboard works great outside of X. This is Xorg
6.8.1 implementation or X installed from ports.

Thanks for any suggestions.

--mikej