Date:      Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:43:28 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail malady - dns/postfix

Greg Barniskis wrote:

> Hard to say, but as far as a management discussion goes, it is clear
> that this problem has really nothing to do with your selection of
> FreeBSD as DNS/mail host, and (barring better failsafe procedures like
> IP number migration) would have occurred regardless of the OS chosen.
> The problem as such is 3rd party systems you can't control.

indeed. my first rule of 'planned' DNS changes: lower refresh to minimum
acceptable. then when I'm sure everything works, up it to my defaults.

And , btw, if you hear of those DNS hosters that tell you they have
"instant propagation" , make sure you read the very very small footprint
that says "within our network".  i.e., DNS is a game where all DNS
servers play along...or not ;)