Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 00:04:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Todd 'Taco' Hansen" <taco@tshansen.reshall.ucsd.edu>
To:        Christopher JS Vance <vance@usq.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CD-ROM

that error message at boot is saying that it is unable to find your
secondary IDE controller. Anyway, if you can figure the exact io and irq
of your secondary slave and reconfigure the kernel settings (at the boot
prompt type -c and run visual at the prompt) to correctly match that then
your cdrom drive (wcd0 or something close) should be recognized. BTW, this
doesn't seem like a cdrom problem but simply that your secondary ide bus
isn't recognized.
	-taco

--
"Hey!  Who took the cork off my lunch??!"
                -- W. C. Fields

Todd Hansen, KD6YPS
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~tshansen/