Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:57:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      David Scheidt <dscheidt@enteract.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        fran@reyes.somos.net, "Nicole Harrington." <nicole@unixgirl.com>, "(Mike Tancsa)" <mike@sentex.net>, "chat@FreeBSD.ORG" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3ware IDE Raid. SCSI killer?

(cc's snipped.)
On Tue, 15 Aug 2000, Terry Lambert wrote:

:> On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 00:09:34 +0000 (GMT), Terry Lambert wrote:
:> >...as a backhand reference to the fact that IDE dtill does not
:> >support concurrent outstanding I/O via tagged command queueing.
:>
:> I could be wrong, but I though I read some reference to tagged
:> queing on the 3ware site.
:
:The standard supports it.  No one implements it in any drives.
:

I've been led to believe this is because if they did, the disks would cost
almost as much as SCSI disks.  The only thing IDE has going for it is that
it's cheap.

David