Date:      19 Nov 2003 08:52:40 -0600
From:      Patrick Burnett <pb1170@charter.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   ThinkPad 560 support

Hi Gang,

I have an original IBM TP 560...not 560E or 560X...just plain jane 560.
2640-20U...72mb RAM...2.1gb HDD...P133 CPU.  Just a basic little
machine.  All I'd like to do is get the thing running to where I can
take it downstairs and surf and stuff using my wireless card...nothing
fancy at all.  I've been able to get the OS (4.9R) installed via floppy
image and FTP install...it initialized the PCMCIA controller and found
my Orinoco Gold card so wireless is not an issue.  The main issue is
trying to get X loaded, configured, and running.

I've tried loading XFree86 3.3.6 and 4.3.0 both and haven't had any luck
as of yet.  The xf86config that has come closest to producing any
meaningful result has consisted of selecting the Trident Cyber9385
driver and using Hsync 25-79 and Vsync 20-76 for the monitor.

If anyone has any insight or any good reference material then I'd be
most appreciative.

Thanks to all,
Pat