Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:31:01 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        Ivan Sychev <guffavedy@yandex.ru>
Cc:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FBSD doesn't install from CDROM Creative Infra 54

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Ivan Sychev wrote:

> Subject: Re: FBSD doesn't install from CDROM Creative Infra 54

Win98 mayb be using the CD player at a different speed. I have a Creative
24x at home that worked fine in Win98/95 but is problematic in BSD and
Linux. I was able to get it to be somewhat reliable by setting the read
speed, but ultimately I just replaced it with a Plextor.

Also, FYI, if you search the archives of this list for READ_BIG, you'll
see some discussion on the topic from this summer. It's the
ILLEGAL_REQUEST in your error output that leads me to believe your opsys
may be trying to read too quickly from the drive, or more correctly, that
your drive can't be read at its rated speed.

JB

#  John Bleichert
#  http://vonbek.dhs.org/latest.jpg