Date:      Sun, 09 Mar 2003 13:07:56 -0800
From:      PM Lashley <patl@phoenix.volant.org>
To:        David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Error building native jdk14 on 4.8-RC

--On Sunday, March 09, 2003 20:03:45 +0100 David Holm
<david@realityrift.com> wrote:

> I get that error whenever I use any linux-jvm with hotspot. For me the
> solution was to run it as root. Are you compiling the jdk as a normal
> user or root?

Urk.  I'm building as root; but I ran the linux-jvm test as an unprivileged
user.  When test it as root, it works.

So it's back to the drawing board on my original problem with the native
jdk 1.4.1 build.  I've now seen the identical problem on a second machine.
I've re-cvsup'd ports to ensure that I'm completely up to date; and the
jdk and patch files are all passing the checksum test; so I don't think
I need to re-download.

-Pat