Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:17:44 -0800
From:      "Freddie Cash" <fcash@ocis.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating SSH version

[snippage]
> > When i type ssh -V as a normal user I get 2.9 but if I do it as
root i
> > get 3.0.2. (the same goes if I do sshd -V)
> >
> > My question is this, what is the best way to upgrade the SSH
version.
> > If it is how I did it, then why do I get different responses.

Check your path settings.  It's picking up the existing installation
first, /usr/local/sbin/ doesn't get checked.

Everything you did was correct.  One more step you might want to do:
  -- delete/rename existing ssh/sshd
  -- create links from existing ssh/sshd to new ssh/sshd

Cheers,
Freddie
fcash@bigfoot.com