Date:      Tue, 08 Oct 1996 22:41:26 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        Carey.Nairn@its.utas.edu.au
Cc:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Intel 430VX (Triton III) chipset

>anyone know of any gotchas with this chipset?
>I am considering getting an Asus P/I-P55TVP4 M/B with this chipset on it
>and would like to make an informed decision.

Incidentally, the 430VX isn't "Triton-3".  There is really no such
thing as Triton-3.  The VX came out about the same time as Triton-2,
and is simply a lower-cost alternative.

I don't know anyone running this chipset.  So, I can't help you there.
My only experience is with my two Asus motherboards:

	Asus P55TP4N (Triton-1) with a Pentium 120MHz
		- and -
	Asus P6NP5 (Natoma 440FX) with a Pentium Pro 200MHz

Both run NetBSD and Windows NT beautifully.  I would expect FreeBSD to
run just as well.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net