Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 2015 15:27:55 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Full SD Card

Russell Haley wrote this message on Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 12:35 -0700:
> I was playing around and trying to build rocksdb from ports. I had 1.5 GB
> left on the SD card and managed to fill it up.
>
> /usr/ports/databases/rocksdb# make install clean
>
> The installation never completed due to a build error, but it built Python
> and cmake and some other stuff. I then went back into the rocksdb directory
> and ran make clean, which cleaned up a couple of directories, but didn't
> seem to affect the overall size.
>
> So I used the following command to search the ports directory and find out
> which work folder ate my sd card:
>
> find . -maxdepth 4 -type f -size +20M -print0 | xargs -0 ls -Shal | head
>
> which only shows the INDEX-11 file at 31MB.
>
> I tried the same thing on /usr and it only lists a couple clang compiler
> files at 39MB.
>
> How do I find out what used up all my space?

So, du -shc is the command you probably want, and something like:
du -shc /usr/ports/*/*/work

Should probably be interesting to see if any port's work dirs are
still laying around...

It is possible that if the machine crashed, that space is lost, so
booting to single user mode, and running fsck manually may recover
some space too...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579