Date:      Sun, 3 Oct 1999 14:09:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Suresh Kumar Satapati <sks1974@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.3 - Installation problem

Hai

 I am trying to install 3.3 release on a 486 machine with 32MB RAM, 500MB
hard disk capacity. Since it doesn't have a CD-ROM drive, I am trying to
install using floppies. i have prepared boot floppies viz. kern.flp and
mfsroot.flp. I have also prepared floppies for installation of
distributions. I started with 'bin' distribution.

 When I am trying to install using floppy, i get the folowing message:

 'Couldnt extract the following distribution. This may be because they
  were not available on the installation media you've chosen:

     bin doc manpages proflibs dict info

 I formatted my floppy for a UFS using the sequence of commands fdformat,
 disklabel and newfs, and then i copied bin.aa, bin.ab, bin.ac,....into
 A:\bin

 Could you please help me with this problem ? Anticipating a reply at
 the earliest, I remain.

Thanks
Suresh
(Graduate Student, Texas A&M Univ)