Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:17:09 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   is threr a database for freeBSD with??

	I'm looking to write a simple program to extract stuff from Project
	Gutenberg's books (--of whivh there are tens ofthousands thanks to
	Michael HArt and his volunteers).  There is no collection of metaphors in
	the public domain, and it wouldn't take that much coding if there were a
	database with

	word, (grammatical type), e.g.

	foot, n

	love, n

	run, v

	ugly, adj

	etc.

	It occured to me that I might take the CIDE/GCIDE database and somehow
	scrounge the world-list above from that.  I don't think it is available
	on Linux.  Dunno.  Nutshell, it would be a major help to writers to have
	this kind of stuff online instead of a 17-pound book... .

	Thanks for ideas, as well as code snippets!

	gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix