Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 15:26:08 +0700
From:      alik <alik@sby.globalinfo.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Make the interface card UP

Hello,

I would like to thank you for answering my questions before.

I am going to make my FreeBSD machine  as a router, so I am installing 2
NICs.
One is PCI-100baseT (3com905) and the other one 10baseT (SMC 8216
16-bit). The system could detect those cards alright.  The interfaces
are 'vx' and 'ed1' respectively.
Now, the problem is the vx is UP but the ed1 is DOWN.
How do I make the 'ed1' UP, and assign different IP address to it?
I have tried with the program /stand/sysinstall before, but the result's
still DOWN.
Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Alik