Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 15:30:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46404: New port: Kaptain is a universal graphical front-end for command line programs

The following reply was made to PR ports/46404; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: AlanE <alane@geeksrus.net>
To: David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Cc: FreeBSD Bugs List <freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:21:28 -0500

 On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 12:18:11AM +0100, David Holm wrote:
 >On Saturday 21 December 2002 00:05, you wrote:
 >> On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 05:57:06PM +0100, David Holm wrote:
 >> >You should have mentioned which packages you had written in the
 >> > description so I wouldn't have wasted my time.
 >>
 >> I did. devel/kaptain with a description matching this program pretty
 >> much covers it, don't you think?
 >
 >I tried searching the
 >http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?category=ports page AGAIN for
 >kaptain, and it returns nothing... are you sure it's in there?

 >My own patches. They are all C++ updates. Seems the author was using the old
 >C++ standard which is no longer supported by gcc 3. My patches fixes these
 >bugs (and to my experience it should still compile with 2.95).
 >I have mailed him the patch of course. AFAIK there is no CVS, I checked the sf
 >repository and it was empty.
 >

 >> >It does not include the latest version of dia2code (like mine does).
 >>
 >> If that is a separate program it should be a separate port. Mine is a
 >> straightforward build of the RELEASE version. We don't do betas or
 >> release candidates or CVS pulls in the ports tree as a matter of policy.
 >
 >kaptain 0.7 includes dia2code.kaptn 1.0. I added a patch which upgrades it to
 >1.2 (from dia2code webpage) which adds support for specifying a license file
 >(imho dia2code is quite useless without it..., not very fun pasting license
 >headers into a ton of files).

 If you send those patches as a followup to PR 46292, I'll be happy to
 look at them and incorporate them. That way your work is appreciated,
 not wasted.
 --
 AlanE (Alan Eldridge), who likes fixing weird distributed systems bugs.
 Unix/C(++) IT Pro for 20 yrs, desperately seeking employment in NYC.