Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2007 12:23:49 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
Cc:        fatman@nospam.crackmonkey.nospam.us, Roger Olofsson <raggen@passagen.se>, User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cleartype-similar?

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:08:02 +0100
Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Cleartype is a Windows 2000 feature that enables sub-pixel anti-aliasing
> on fonts displayed on a LCD panel. FreeType assists in that; this page
> gives full details[1]. It is a bit dated, and seems to suggest that it
> should work straight off the bat in recent KDE/Gnome versions.

Subpixel aliasing is available (If i read the config screen correctly) in XFCE4 as well.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you.
 Therefore, if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason.
 By all means, do not use hammer."
   IBM maintenance manual, 1975