Date:      Wed, 13 Jan 2016 21:11:28 +0100
From:      Toby <misc.lists@fsck.ch>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot build RBPI2 kernel on pi

On 12/01/16 17:47, Tom Vijlbrief wrote:
> Building on the Raspberry works OK for me with 11-CURRENT.
>
> Did you do a
>
> make buildworld
>
> before "make buildkernel"?
>
> Tom

Bummer! I totally forgot to do a buildworld to get the toolchain before
building the kernel. I didn't even bother to look at the handbook,
because in the past, I have done this countless times and knew the
procedure by heart. But I guess that past is now too distant (the last
time I did this probably was right before freebsd-update was introduced).

Anyway, thanks a lot for this hint to both of you, I'll try it again
tonight.

Toby