Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 1995 12:00:42 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        matt@abraxas.wustl.edu (Matt Massie)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The ld.so blues

Matt Massie stands accused of saying:

> When I try to run 'zircon', I get the message:
> 	ld.so: dpwish: libtcl.so.7.3: Undefined error: 0
> When I try to run 'tkWWW', I get the message:
> 	ld.so: tkwww: libtcl.so.7.3: Undefined error: 0
> When I run 'tcl', I get this message:
> 	ld.so: warning: libc.so.2.1: minor version < 2 expected, using it anyway
>
> Am I missing a required library of some sort or does my problem have to do
> with sun spots or ocean tides?

You haven't rebooted since the tcl library was installed, so ld.so can't
find the tcl library.
The warning when running tcl just means that the package was compiled against
a different version of the standard library.  It shouldn't cause you any
problems.

Guys; "Undefined error: 0" is a _really_stupid_ error message.  How about
something like "Can't find library <blah> - install or rescan and try again."

> Matt Massie

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[