Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 08:27:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Marco Radzinschi <marco@radzinschi.com>
To:        Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: samba problem...

Do you have the following defined in the global section of smb.conf?

netbios name =
workgroup =
server string =

Also, unless your windows machines are using nmbd as their domain
controller, or are using  separate domain controller, the FreeBSD machines
will have to be under the same workgroup AND subnet. (ie, all under
192.168.1.*)

Marco Radzinschi

E-Mail: marco@radzinschi.com
AOL IM: CrackedBoy

Running FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE i386
 8:25AM  up 5 days, 20:53, 1 user, load averages: 1.04, 1.02, 1.00