Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:19:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Arie Kachler <akachler@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-Hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mylex Controller

Hello,

One of our mail server hard drives went dead and when
we issue a mlxcontrol check command we get the
following error:

su-2.05# mlxcontrol check mlxd0
mlxcontrol: ioctl MLXD_CHECKASYNC: Cannot allocate
memory

This server used to be Linux and this happened before,
so I know there is a posibility that the failure is
logical rather than physical. So to be able to recover
the drive logically would be the best solution, as
opposed to replacing the drive.

Any help as to why the mlxcontrol command is not
working will be greatly appreciated.

Arie Kachler
SysAdmin/Telcom.net