Date:      Thu, 2 Jun 2016 19:17:06 +0200
From:      Wojciech Macek <wma@semihalf.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of Cavium ThunderX/ThunderX2

Hello Kevin,

As for ThunderX, it is fully supported in HEAD for some time. All IO
interfaces are up and running, including SATA, USB, 10/40GbE along all
decent features, like MSI-x, ITS.
Regarding stability, we were doing a lot of stress tests (disk subsystem,
network performance, HTTP/HTTPS servers, compilation) and haven't seen any
kernel crashes for a long time.

Dual socket is still in experimental phase and should be considered
officially unsupported. There are few patches that enable 2S in
non-NUMA-aware configuration on the Phabricator, but I doubt they can be
applied directly after recent changes in pmap (4-level pagetables + DMAP).

Regards,
Wojtek