Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 03:51:04 +1300
From:      Andrew McNaughton <andrew@squiz.co.nz>
To:        Anatoly V Ivanov <main@main.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG, Leif Neland <root@neland.dk>
Subject:   Re: squid config: replace single site.

> LN> How can I make squid replace a request for pages from a certain site with
> LN> a page of my own? I want to replace requests from some dedicated
> LN> banner-servers with a single "ad removed" picture. (It's for my internal
> LN> network)
>
> two steps:
> 1) deny this url with ACL
> 2) use denyinfo

I don't remember the details of  how to set it up, but it's possible to tell squid to make use of a re-write script that processes requested  URL's  eg:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -p
s!http://.*doubleclick.com/.*!http://www.local.com/no-banner.gif!;
s!http://.*adforce.com/.*!http://www.local.com/no-banner.gif!;

[etc]