Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:52:42 +0100
From:      "Luca Massarenti" <massarenti@massarenti.com>
To:        <freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   which motherboard and which chipset?

Hi I 'am italian RHCE even if I like freebsd very much.

I want to start installing freebsd on amd based server and in particular
using opteron cpu.

I  want to install an application server which run a java application for
about 80 clients

Which chipset is best and is best tested?

Which mainboard is considered the best?
What about dual processors?

Generally I like asus MB and nvidia chipset very much but I have never
installed unix-like operating system on amd processors.
I have the possibility to choose between via and nvidia and between asus and
MSI.

Please suggest me the best choice for this porpouse.

Thanks

Luca