Date:      Wed, 5 Jul 2000 15:43:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Konrad Heuer <kheuer@gwdu60.gwdg.de>
To:        Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: packages

On Wed, 5 Jul 2000, Joe Konecny wrote:

> I'm no expert with fbsd so bear with me.  I'm running v4. =20
> I just installed INN version 2.2.2.  It was the first=20
> package I've ever installed.  I did it with sysinstall.
> It appears to have installed ok as it is listed with=20
> pkg_info.  Problem is that I have no idea where it is.
> Where does pkg_add typically place apps?

Either in the /usr/local or (X11 apps) the /usr/X11R6 tree.
INN will be extracted into the /usr/local tree, mostly into
/usr/local/news.

Regards

Konrad Heuer                                    Personal Bookmarks:
Gesellschaft f=FCr wissenschaftliche
   Datenverarbeitung mbH G=D6ttingen              http://www.freebsd.org
Am Fa=DFberg, D-37077 G=D6ttingen                   http://www.daemonnews.o=
rg