Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 16:07:38 -0400
From:      The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
Cc:        alex@big.endian.de, freebsd-libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adding Disk::freespace to lib[h]disk

--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW

Chocolate chip cookies, eh?

What brand? :)

Seriously, I don't think I could seriously take this challenge, as
libdisk is too messy to start from and I do not have enough knowledge of
these internals. I guess I could try to re-implement functions such as
Int_Open_Disk() in a separate (the low-level) library. It shouldn't be
too difficult, assuming the current *implementation* is correct (it's
the API that screwed in libdisk case, right?).

I'll look at the libwhisk John mentionned, though.

A.

On Wed Oct 10, 2001 at 12:57:07PM -0700, Jordan Hubbard wrote:
> You're making perfect sense.  We've long known that libdisk(3) needed
> to be taken out in back of the barn and shot through the head, but there's
> just been nobody around to do it so we're still stuck with that evil piece
> of.... code.  The person who re-implements libdisk correctly will get
> a whole box of chocolate chip cookies in the mail from me. :)
>=20
> - Jordan

--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW

--ncSAzJYg3Aa9+CRW--