Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:58:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
To:        maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net (Maksim Yevmenkin)
Cc:        Tuc at Beach House <tuc@ttsg.com>
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

> so, the problem could be
>
> 1) in my sdp code. there is something about sdp request that treo does
> not like. that is somewhat strange because the same code known to work
> with variety of cell phones and other palm handhelds. you could try
> sdptool (from sdp-1.5 package) and see if it works with treo. anyway,
> i'm going to double check my code anyway.

	Nope, tried browse and each search, nada.

> 2) in treo sdp implementation. again that's unlikely because they put
> bluetooth logo and (i assume) someone has certified their bluetooth
> stack (including sdp).

	You read :

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=985,E=0000000000101816738,K=4141,Sxi=15,useTemplate=Case.tem,CASE=18358

> 3) in treo setup. there might be some sort of bluetooth related security
> settings. if there are such settings try to set them to the least secure
> setup (initially) and see if this helps.

	Not that I can see. :-/

> in treo's description they mention spp and goep profiles so i think treo
> should be able to _offer_ bluetooth services and therefor should answer
> sdp requests. i noticed that page _does_not_ lists sdp profile, but it
> probably does not mean anything.
>
> is there windows software that came with treo? can you make bluetooth
> work on windows?

	It did, and I've loaded it, and it can't see anything either. Once
I had sdpd running on my FreeBSD and added DUN, the PC can see it. So it seems
the Treo is just not being very outgoing! I've tried things that people say
should be doing it, but so far nada.

		Thanks, Tuc