Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:21:47 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Don Bowman <don@sandvine.com>
Cc:        "'aic7xxx@freebsd.org'" <aic7xxx@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ongoing U320 AIC7902 Seagate ST318453LW issues, SCB timed out

On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 13:43:55 -0400, Don Bowman wrote:
> Just to confirm i'm talking about the same thing...
> my seagate device reports 255 tagged openings:
>
> # camcontrol tags 0:0:0
> (pass0:ahd0:0:0:0): device openings: 255
>
> but seagate indicates the device has only support for
> 64. Am i reading something different here?

You'll see 255 openings until we get a queue full response from the drive.
Then it'll go down to however many transactions we had outstanding when the
queue full happened.

If you want a little more information (e.g. how many transactions are
outstanding at a given moment), try:

camcontrol tags da0 -v

Ken
--