Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:38:33 -0700
From:      "Matt Burdick" <burdick@inversenet.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Install problems

Hi - I'm trying to install FreeBSD on a Dell Optiplex GX1, but I'm
having problems with the ethernet card driver.  The supported drivers
shows my card (3Com 3C905B) but that card doesn't show up in the list
of drivers when I'm picking devices at the start of installation.
Right now, I'm using the driver for the 3C509.  Since I want to
install using FTP, this is a problem.

Right after I pick my devices and it starts checking hardware
configurations, there seems to be some information about an ethernet
card at IRQ 11 (the correct one for my card) without a driver
assigned.  Unfortunately, it scrolls off the screen too quickly (very
frustrating).  I've tried scroll-lock and ^S to stop the scrolling but
that's apparently not the right thing to do.  Any way I can see these
messages at my leisure?

					Thanks,
					-Matt
--
Matt Burdick                |  burdick@inversenet.com
Inverse Network Technology  |  (408) 616-6230