Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 23:51:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Whee, X works with 1600x1200

I've recently obtained a new Dell i5000e with a spifft 1600x1200
display with an ATI Rage Mobility card.  X 4.0.1 did not work out of
the box, and I had to cvsup the current X sources, but I did get a
working X server.  However, the default config file only did 800x600
out of the box.  I had to add in the following lines to the config file
to get it to do 1600x1200 in the "Monitor" section:

        HorizSync    28-90
        VertRefresh  50-62

The sound also works in -current with the maestro driver.  Currently
apm isn't working in -current with the SMPng changes though, and
neither is the VESA support in syscons.  Also, I can't get the Cardbus
bridge to be recognized as a PCCard bus in compatible mode either, but
at least X and sound work.