Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet.com>
To:        Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@mail.ru>
Cc:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <mdodd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nvidia OpenGL and lib{thr,kse} related crash

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

> Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
>
> >Check http://www.minion.de/nvidia.html.
> >
> Looks like this patches mostly present in ports tree. For my
> undestanding the missed two should prevent memory access after free()
> inside kernel and memory allocation for DMA push buffers. Anyway I'll
> check it later evening when can get closer to my pc.

If your OpenGL applications or the libraries that they depend
on are using any of the COMPAT4X signal syscalls, then they
won't work with libthr or libkse.  The COMPAT4X stuff in the
kernel destroys %gs which libthr and libkse both rely on
for their own use.  Are you sure that all your applications
and libraries are rebuilt under -current?  You can try
rebuilding your kernel without COMPAT4X and see if any
of your applications stop running; this will tell you
they need to be rebuilt.

--
Dan Eischen