Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 21:04:31 -0600
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config, other kernel build tools

At 8:40 PM 11/9/95, Terry Lambert wrote:
>Like putting them in a "tools" dir at the same level as the kern and
>compile and arch specific directories.
I certainly have no problem with that location in src/
Now I'll throw in the "ringer".  gcc and make are also "tools".

>> Otherwise the proper compilation of the tool for the purpose of the
>> particular build must be used.
>
>Right.  But I can't use it because using it entails murdering the one
>for the current system (ie: installing it).

That's because the present make system is EVIL, CORRUPT, and should be
ERATICATED. Anybody who builds on top of the running system is like the
proverbial guy out on the limb with saw in hand sawing between himself and
the trunk.

----
Richard Wackerbarth
rkw@dataplex.net