Date:      Fri, 7 May 1999 00:54:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      media@mail1.nai.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   install ports from .tgz on disk??

I'm just installed  3.1-STABLE on a 133 Pentium with 64M/RAM and no cd.

I've been going around in circle trying to install ports.  I don't have
internet software set up for FreeBSD yet.  When I go into a directory for a
ported application, and type  "make install"  it tries to ftp a site it
can't get to because it's not online.

Is there anyway I can use ports with tarballs I already have saved to my
primary DOS partion??

THANX!!

PEACE OUT :)
MARK