Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 07:45:57 PDT
From:      "Jeff Gargac" <jgargac@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

To Whom it May Concern,

I have a few questions about FreeBSD.  I have an old computer with a 386
processor, 4 MB of RAM, and a 420 MB hard drive.  Is there anyway that I can
install FreeBSD on it without upgrading the memory?  I am just wanting to
experiment with the OS.

Where can I find documentation on the FreeBSD language?  Is there a good
site to learn the commands and syntax.  Are there any graphical user
interfaces included with the OS or do I need to download one at a later
time.

Lastly, where can I find programs to experiment with?  Are all Linux and
Unix programs compatible.  Can I download many from the Internet.

Thank you for you time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Jeff Gargac