Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 21:42:50 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Behlendorf <brian@hyperreal.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem on 1TB filesystem RAID 5 3ware

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> There is precious little anything "supported" by vendors in FreeBSD....
> There are more drivers NOT written by the vendor than written by them, let
> alone supported.  The AMR is about the only one I can think of.  Even the
> Adaptec line of cards have limited official support.

Yeah, it's worth mentioning that the Adaptec command-line RAID utility is
not only well-maintained for FreeBSD, there's a .tgz package you can grab
from adaptec.com.

I've been using an Adaptec 3200S with 150GB under RAID 1 under load, and
it screams.  Highly recommended.

Too bad about 3ware, this is news to me too that it's poorly supported
under *BSD.

	Brian