Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:49:29 -0400
From:      James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Limiting Internet Access

Hey everyone.  We are currnetly moving our BBS (www.arbornet.org) from
BSD/OS to FreeBSD.  One of the limits we placed on users was that they
were not allowed to send outbound Internet traffic (ie, they could not
telnet out from our system, etc).

Under BSD/OS (3.0) the kernel had been patched and checked for a
hard-coded list of groups (paying users had access, special binaries like
finger too).  But I have heard that under FreeBSD, limiting like this is
is run-time configurable.  How does this work?

Thanks, Jamie