Date:      Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:25:36 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Robby Balona <robby@grab.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Firefox3 port problem

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 03:53:08PM +0200, Robby Balona wrote:
> Hi Guys
>=20
> I have been tring to port firefox3 on freebsd 7 for a week now. I keep=20
> coming up against this error

Why are you trying to port it? It is allready in ports: www/firefox3
=20
> gmake:***[libgiofam.la] Error 1
>=20
> I have done a portsnap update already.=20

Using portsnap is not enough; it just updates the ports tree. You also
need to update your installed ports.

> Please dont flame me for not looking on google for the error as I have
> not really worried about it until now, when I need firefox.

You need to update your installed ports. You're missing gio-fam-backend,
which is now needed by the gtk+ toolkit which is needed for firefox.

Use portmaster or portupgrade to upgrade all you installed ports.

Roland
--=20

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx

--dDRMvlgZJXvWKvBx--