Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 09:41:24 +0100 (MET)
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wine success story

Just FYI:

I installed the most recent version of Wine (Wine-971130 from sunsite).
And despite one quirk in memory/virtual.c where I had to get
acoross the fact that FreeBSD doesn't do synchronuous memory
syncs (Linux: <asm/mman.h>) I was able to throw it at my
C:\WIN95 directory.

I ran

wine progman

and voila, my Win95 desktop appeared neatly sorted in progman program groups.
The fonts and the colors/hatching/dithering a bit strange though.

Now, the big success: Freecell works!

So, no more need to boot a Win95/NT System :-)

Kidding aside, a lot of 32 bit apps do not work since so many functions
of the 32 bit API if any at all are unimplemented but they seem on a
good trip to there.

What I'm concerned about though is the fact of this unimplemented
MS_SYNC feature. That's why I'm cross posting this to -hackers also.