Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:29:15 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can anybody explain?

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 05:41:44PM +1100, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 22:01:50 -0800
> Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org> wrote:
>
> > 	Since my line went dead last Friday I've been having troubles
> > 	simply building a new kernel.  I cvsup'd RELENG_6_2 last time,
> > 	rebuilt the kernel with KERNCONF=GENERIC and now with
> > 	KERNCONF=TAO.  My new /boot/kernel/kernel is > 7.4 megs and it
> > 	*hangs* part way up.  I've tried building with the new GENERIC and
> > 	with TAO that has only two devices added.  One is atapicam, the
> > 	other is cpufreq (just now added).  The old kernel is around 4
> > 	megs.     My last try is RELENG_6.  No diff.
>
> Hey Gary,
> - did u clean your /usr/obj
> - do you have a good source tree? when in doubt, wipe and re-get (or try a different csup mirror first...that sometimes makes the difference)

	Yes, Beto, I did a /bin/rm -rf of /usr/obj.  At least 3 times.
	I also tried to upgrade 6.2 (twice), now I'm grabbing 6.3
	or whatever "RELENG_6" will get me...

	I think it has to do with that "autoload" {or whatever} is the
	first think that appears after the square box of options.
	I only saw the string for a n instant; it may have been overwritten.
	I'm using cvsup7.   Not good?

	gary