Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 95 10:35:35 -0400
From:      deanj@wpdis01.wpafb.af.mil (SrA Jeffrey Dean SRA)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   I messed up!!!

	HELP!!!

	Over the weekend, I downloaded the FreeBSD-current source
onto my 486DX/50 and proceded to make world!!!! I was under the
assumtion that it had been a couple of weeks since my last upgrade,
and it would be a good idea to recomplie some of the newer changes
using cron in the background.

	Well, when I came in to work yesturday, I realized that I will
probably have many many problems because this "source" has been largely
updated to 2.0.5... Now, I was able to get this system back up and running
about 99% of the way, except I cannot configure my DNS service.

	Right now, I believe I have a mix of 2.0.5 and 2.0R.  A very
very bad thing!!! I know you all would like to hit me, but I have already
punished myself with what it has done to my box.

	I am having trouble getting inetd to utilize our dns server.
I am getting a "protocol not supported" error durring bootup
when she tries to add the default domain name server durring netstart.
I skimmed through all my .conf files in /etc, and also peeked at
/etc/protocols. But most of this info in protocols is foreign to me.

	Help!! Can anybody enlighten me...

	Jeff Dean
	deanj@wpdis01.wpafb.af.mil