Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:14:10 -0800
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: draft article, for review

At 2:42 PM +0000 11/29/00, Nik Clayton wrote:
>[ For example, the fact that sysinstall doesn't know about the
>   new documentation packages yet -- I know this is a problem, as do
>   people following this mailing list.  But unless someone else steps up
>   to the plate (anyone!) with patches, the problem's going to have to
>   wait until I've got the requisite 12 clear hours to sit down with the
>   sysinstall code and write the glue. ]

Your comments are well taken.  I realize that _someone_ has to do the
work to make a given change.  Sometimes I am able to be that person;
other times, I haven't the time or skills it would take.  OTOH, I'm
loathe to keep silent when I think I know what constitutes "Best
Practice" in a given situation.  How or when the changes get made is
another matter, but if we don't know where we want to be, we have no
real chance of getting there...

The situation regarding sysinstall, in any case, might be one which
calls for help from another part of the FreeBSD Project.  Might this
be a monkey which could be handed off (at least, in part) to the folks
who are in charge of sysinstall, per se?

Back to the original thread of the discussion, I still haven't heard
anything that I can use to modify my article.  Please, folks, tell me
if I need to change anything at final edit!

-r
Rich Morin:          rdm@cfcl.com, +1 650-873-7841, http://www.cfcl.com/rdm
Prime Time Freeware: info@ptf.com, +1 408-433-9662, http://www.ptf.com
MacPerl: http://www.macperl.com, http://www.ptf.com/ptf/products/MPPE