Date:      Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:58:05 +0200
From:      "Piotr Sroczynski" <piotr@m1.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with PnP and 4.1-RELEASE

I need install 4.1-RELEASE on my old 486 machine - without the
pnp bios and pci bus. I have kernel compiled with "device pnp0" but
I can't use "pnp ..." command after "boot -c". System reports it as
"invalid command ...".
On the startup it writes:
unknown0: <SMC EtherEZ (8416)> at port 0x200-0x21f irq 5 on isa0
I have proper line  in kernel config file "device ed0 ..." with different
settings (but I tried the same as specified in unknown0).
"pnpinfo" properly reports pnp devices.

How can I set up my pnp devices? Is it possible?

Thanks in advance,
Piotr Sroczynski
PS: please replay by e-mail.