Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 09:55:38 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patches from -current for -stable I'd like to commit after testing

> We *really*must* improve that error message.  I've been loth to get
> really dirty with the pccard* utilities because the PAO people have so
> much layered on top of them, but IMHO they really have to be redone
> from scratch.  8(

Ahh, it makes my heart glad to hear this.  The current code is too much
of a mess to be much help.

> > I don't remember my "hiding the 'interrupt configuration' messages"
> > changes.  Or at least that's not how I think of them, so I'm not sure
> > what changes I made you're talking about.
>
> The kernel that works says:
>
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq4
>         intr_connect(irq4) failed, result=-1
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq5
>         intr_connect(irq5) failed, result=-1
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq7
>         intr_connect(irq7) failed, result=-1
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq12
>         intr_connect(irq12) failed, result=-1
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq14
>         intr_connect(irq14) failed, result=-1
>         device combination doesn't support shared irq15
>         intr_connect(irq15) failed, result=-1
> PC-Card Intel 82365 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
> pcic: controller irq 3
> Card inserted, slot 0
> Card inserted, slot 1
> sio1: type 16550A
> ep0: utp/bnc[*UTP*] address 00:60:97:88:e7:93
>
> The one that doesn't says:
>
> pcic: controller irq 11
> Card inserted, slot 0
> Card inserted, slot 1
> driver allocation failed for Megahertz
> driver allocation failed for 3Com Corporation

Ahh, I remember now.  The commit was merely cosmetic, so it really
couldn't affect anything (unless somehow by slowing things down from
printing the timing was somehow negatively affected.)

> > Do you have a 3.0 box, or is it now running 2.2?  The changes will
> > initially be made to 3.0, since it's already (apparently) broken there.
>
> Real hackers run -current on their laptop, remember?

*grin*  You mentioned 2.2 in a previous email.

Nate