Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:51:36 -0500
From:      Mark Hummel <mhumm@ispchannel.com>
To:        "ROTHENBERG, MICHAEL" <MROTHENBERG@exchange1.PRIA.com>, FSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   HELP! I made the same mistake!!!(Michael Rothenberg)

I tried the advice of a fbsd'er other than Michael (below) which involved
changing the etc/ttys file.  I did as directed and now I'm stuck in an
ineffective graphical login like Michael describes below.

 How do I get back to a single user system so I can undo the ttys file and
attempt Michael's fix?

Mark "the frustrated"