Date:      Tue, 05 Jun 2001 09:50:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: alpha kernel panic...

On 05-Jun-01 Matthew Jacob wrote:

> login: ppaanniicc::  AAsssseerrttiioonn
> !!mmttxx__oowwnneedd((&&ww__((ttxx))  ffaaiilleedd  aatt
> ....//....//kkee....//....//kkeerrnn//kkeerrnn__mmaa556666
>
> ccppuuiidd  ==  00;;  ppaanniicc
>

> but wedging... no traceback, sorrry...
>
> Now this is with a dual CPU machine. This message seems to me to be saying
> the
> both CPUs got the same panic at the same time. This seems to hint that Drew's
> suggestion that the same thread was being scheduled to two CPUs might have
> some merit, no?

Not necessarily.  It could be that two cpu's simply executed the same codepath
at the same time.  Hmmm..

../../kern/kern_ma 566

Hopefully that's kern_malloc.c...  Hmm, no luck.

Actually, this looks more like it's just duping chars rather than two CPU's
panicing at the same time.  It's not near this pretty when two CPU's panic
usually. :P

PGP Key: http://www.Baldwin.cx/~john/pgpkey.asc