Date:      Wed, 02 May 2001 02:03:12 +0900
From:      Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Set up loader to boot cd

maillist> 4.2-20010119-STABLE

My sample ISO image (using latest 4-stable) works very fine, booting
from CD and mount CD as root partition. It works pretty well.

If you have enough bandwidth to fetch 160MB ISO image file, try:
<URL:ftp://current.jp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES/live-releng4.iso>;

Also, I've tried to do with 5-current, kernel *can't* mount CD as a
root partition. If you wanna try how it goes to fail, try:
<URL:ftp://current.jp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/ISO-IMAGES/live-current.iso>;

I've sent a email before to current@freebsd.org, does anybody know why
5-current kernel can't mount my CD-ROM as a root partition?

-- -
Makoto `MAR' MATSUSHITA