Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 2004 04:08:12 +0000
From:      RW <list-freebsd-2004@morbius.sent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mkisofs and large files

I've been trying to burn a single large file (a 4.2 GB encrypted gbde
filesystem within a file) to a DVD, but mkisofs tells me the file is too
large.

I looked on Google and found that mkisofs had a filesize  limit of 2 GB, but
this was increased to 4 GB, so I dropped the filesize to 4095 MB, but it
still failed, so I guess the version in ports still has the 2 GB limits.

Does the development version of cdrtools in ports have the 4 GB limit? If so,
how can  I get sysutils/dvd+rw-tools to use the newer version, is it just a
matter of deinstalling them both and  changing the dependence in
pkgtools.conf?