Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 13:35:38 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        graaf@iae.nl
Cc:        gibbs@plutotech.com, admin@iae.nl, scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CAM timeout in dataout phase (3.1-STABLE)

Forced Perfect Terminators.  See www.scsi-cables.com for details.

>Would it help if we put the boot disk on a separate SCSI controller,
>thus shortening the total length of the SCSI bus? Or is a different
>kind of terminator better in this case?

Your bus length may be too long even if you upgrade your terminators.
Moving the boot disk may help things.  You could also try reducing
the negotiated transfer speed to verify that cabling is your problem.
Your configuration will likely work at 16 or 13MHz.

--
Justin