Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:31:56 +0200
From:      Carl Johan Madestrand <cj@vallcom.net>
To:        Justin Thomas <justin@jdthomas.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: linux-realplayer-7.cs1

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 11:18:01AM -0700, Justin Thomas wrote:
> The way I got it to work was to install the linux-netscape-communicator47
> port rather than the netscape-communicator47 port.  As soon as I did that,
> the plugin started working correctly.

Yes indeed for most plugins the linux version of netscape is recommended,
or you can use xswallow or plugger if you can get them to work.
In anycase though Linux Netscape runs fine (by netscape standards)
under FreeBSD and is what I tend to use these days.

> How do you enable linux emulation for the standard FreeBSD netscape?  I
> had the linux proc fs installed and working when I tried it, and the
> plugin still would not work.
>

> Thanks,
> Justin

To enable linux emulation make sure you have linux_base installed (/usr/ports/emulators/linux_base)
Then you can simply type linux to enable it or if you want it enabled each time
you boot up make sure you have the following line in /etc/rc.conf:

linux_enable="YES"

--
Carl Johan Madestrand <cj@vallcom.net>
LoRd_CJ on IRC